Have you ever dreamed of starting your own creative business but have had no idea where to even begin???
Starting on the 18th November, 9 of us South African bloggers and creatives we will be launching a hugely exciting blog collaboration series where we’ll be looking at 9 of the top tips we believe you need to get started with your own creative business.
An introduction to the series:
Let me introduce you to the lady leading us in all in this awesome series; Caitlyn de Beer. I did a photoshoot for her a little while ago (click here to see photographs of this gorgeous and talented young lady) and redesigned her new blog. Here is what this series is all about, from the lady herself:
"I started my own business just under a year ago and as one does, I have learnt so much along the way. I am so passionate about people stepping out of their comfort zones and actively pursuing their dream job. I have met a number of creative’s through my Coaching as well as my life, many of whom, have BIG dreams of starting amazing photography, jewelry, life coaching, interior design, beauty, writing, art, graphic design, image consulting and fashion, but have no idea where to begin.
In an attempt to spark that dream in your heart again, and to help bring it to life, I have put together a 9-day series called “Tips to starting your own creative business”. I do not claim to be an expert on all the areas I wanted to cover, and so I contacted a number of amazing, creative woman all of whom have started their own creative businesses in the past few years. Over the next 9 days, these women along with myself, will be sharing on topics I feel they have earned a right to be considered ‘experts’ in.
Expect to be challenged, inspired and motivated to get going with creating your dream job!!"
Now, if only I had been able to follow along in a series like this when I first started blogging. I had to learn a lot of things the hard way, so here's to hoping some of these tips help you get started with your creative business!
Here’s the coming weeks line up:
PS - I’d seriously advise subscribing to each of these blogs, so you don’t miss out on any of the awesome posts in this Series. This series of posts are NOT to be missed!! *Click each image to see more about each post
Lastly, here are 10 reasons why you should follow our series:
1. According to Startup.com, the average age for people to start their own businesses is between ages 35 – 40. Why remain ‘average’?? Make your big move now. Get something going, no matter how small it is and you’ll be 10 steps ahead of the rest of your market when you reach their age.
2. Why live another day with your talent remaining hidden from the world.
3. You can learn from our mistakes and thus save yourself time and money!
4. We even share advice on how it’s possible for you to finance your business & lifestyle, when you don’t have big startup capital available.
5. You will have our details, so if you ever need business advice in future; we will only be an email away.
6. It’s FREE!!!
7. Who knows, this series may one day be a part of your “How I became famous” story J
8. You can stay in contact with the blog collaborators and thus start building your network immediately.
9. If you leave comments on our posts, we may just ask you to write a Guest post on one of our blogs. That way, you’ll get your business out there sooner than you imagined!
10. We’ve taken the plunge and trust us, it’s the BEST decision we ever made. Now…it’s your time to shine!!
Know someone who could benefit from our series?? Click here to tweet