2. Bassheads - Anybody out there
3. Five for Fighting - NYC Weather Report
4. John Mayer - My stupid mouth
5. Kings of Leon - Back down South
6. David DeGraw - I don't want to be
7. Black Eyed Peas - Love you long time
8. Kings of Leon - Pony Up
9. Foreigner - I want to know what love is
10. Rodrigues - I Wonder
*Click here for the full list of what's in these posts!*
This below is a photo of my Dad and my step Mom :)
*Click here for more info on what these posts are all about*
So now with 2 blogs all about South Korea, what on earth was I going to do when I touched back down on South African soil? Well, start another blog of course! This time, a more 'life style' blog with all sorts of bits and pieces about markets to visit, make up, places to stay, recipes and ideas for things to make and do in and around South Africa. I say "around South Africa" as the hope is to go do more traveling around the African continent :) One
click here for more info on what these posts are all about :)
Well where am I in life right now, I recently resigned from my job (I wasn't there for all that long, but I was there long enough to realise that what I was doing was not for me) so where does that leave me. Well, I have always loved anything and everything to do with beauty.
goal #1 Do some sort of beauty/makeup course in the next few weeks
goal #2 Start sewing (which I officially started yesterday) so lets rather say that my second goal is to actually finish the dress
goal #3 As I have decided to up and move to Pietermaritzburg till the end of the year (to be closer to Farmboy) my next goal is to start an interesting new blog series (I have a few idea's that I can't wait to share!)
goal #4 Wrap my Santa Shoe Boxes and get them ready for the drop off in November
goal #5 apart from finishing/achieving the above, I need to get further along with this series! I started the #30DaysOfMe just under 3 months ago, and even though I manage to blog about other random stuff just about every day, I am only on Day 8. Shocking...Must fix that!
|Image from SuperHero|
I have always been a Batman girl. I have always been inspired by the character who oozes mystery, power and great ab's :) Beside's, I always wanted to be Robin (but a girl version so lets rather say I've always wanted to be *Robyn*). Batman doesn't actually have any superpowers, *shock, horror!* and instead uses his intellect, detective skills, science, technology, wealth (not forgetting he is a millionaire), martial art skills and intimidation in his continuous war on crime...cool hey! Who wouldn't want to be his friend :)
Who is your favourite superhero??
Wanting everyone to like me is a childish dream I know. But I just can't seem to shake it. My Dad often used to say to me that it's impossible, "You can't make everyone like you. In life it's important for people to respect you, not just to like you Rox". So why is this such a hard thing to come to terms with? In the past I have let people walk all over me, for fear of offending them. I end up making the most effort with those that I feel don't like me, while those who love me are often left out in the cold. It's unrealistic to think that I can be friends with everyone. But often I wonder, "well, why not?". At the grand old age of 23 I have come to realise that this is all a part of growing up. I am no longer that little girl desperately trying to make new friends, rather I am more sure of myself and where I am going, even if I'm not sure how to get there yet. Little by little I am trying to let go of constantly wanting to please others, and doing more things to please me. I've heard people say that it takes only 10 days to make a habit, but only 1 to break it. So here's to the next 10 days :)
I am a citygirl, born and raised in big cities. From the city of gold, Johannesburg to the rain and cold of London. So the name "CityGirl" aptly describes me. Yes, I am one of those girls whose scarves match their earrings, and who likes the colour pink. My youth (which I still consider myself in) was spent crawling round shopping centres while my Dad read his newspaper, and my mom was out hiking another mountain. On frequent occasions when she managed to drag me with her, I really loved it. You see, I am a bit of a chameleon really. Enjoying being both a cityslicker, and a tree hugger :)
I digress, the name of the blog...let's see. After spending a year teaching English to the cutest little kiddes EVER in South Korea, I found myself back on SA soil with no plans. I am a BA graduate, with all the enthusiasm in the world and yet I am stuck as to which direction my life should take (it's usually at this point that someone makes some joke about BA graduates...it does not stand for "Bugger All!"). I am definitely leaning towards teaching, but this plan has to be put on hold until I complete a teaching diploma next year. So ya, that leaves me with 4 months, 19 days and a few hours give or take, to decide.
And so the name was born. I am a CityGirl in search of direction, one adventure at a time. Join me on this quest, you might even find some direction for yourself along the way :)
So I begin...
|Taken on Farmboys farm in KZN...thats Sassygirl, their gorgeous new foal|
1. I don't/can't eat seafood, the thought of eating it gives me the chills.
2. I have exercise induced asthma. A type of asthma that is probably mentally induced :)
3. I majored in English in University, and still make horrendous spelling mistakes.
4. I was born and bred a citygirl, now I am married to a farmboy.
5. My parents got divorced 7 years ago. Was I sad? Of course, but now I have two new wonderful families to call my own.
6. My Dad is Jewish. My Mom is Catholic. My Grandfather is German. Oh the irony!
7. I have visited 20 countries, and 4 continents (I have yet to visit S.America or Greenland).
8. I haven't coloured my hair in 8 years.
9. At one stage I had 11 piercings (8 ear piercings, nose ring, tongue ring, belly ring).
10. I don't enjoy cooking, I am much better at cleaning.
11. I recently got back from teaching English in South Korea, one my greatest adventures to date.
13. My favourite place to relax in the world is on my hubby's family farm.
14. I have an unhealthy obsession with makeup.
15. My favourite literary genre is Science Fiction, with Stephen King being at the top of my list.